Monday, April 12, 2010

Updates --

It has been a while since I last posted.  Its has been crazy around here, but its no excuse to have left my blog unattended.   I have been busy with many different kinds of photo sessions, meetings, consultations and the like but I’m glad to say my Wedding season begins this weekend.  It will be a full two months of non-stop weddings. 

One of the reasons I was not here much is because my family has gone through some life changing experiences.  Four years ago in June my wife were the proud parents of twins, a gorgeous baby boy and a beautiful little girl.  The problem was that they were not due until mid September, but they came early.  The twins were born at 25 weeks.  After months of living a roller coaster of emotions with stays and 3 different hospitals we had to let our son go back home.  Our little princess survived, and this June she will turn 4 years old.  At about 18 months our princess was diagnosed with “severe to profound hearing loss” on both ears.  Doctors said she would be fine with hearing aids, and from day 1 she liked them and never took them off; well unless with my wife or I would get after her, then she would reach for them and take them off!  Well a few months ago we noticed she had reached a plateau and was not progressing with her speech.  So we asked the Doctors what we could do and he suggested a Cochlear Implant.

I’m glad to say that this past April 7th she had the surgery and everything went great!  No complications, and the test done show that the implant will very likely help my little princess hear.  When they activated the CI she did not like it, started crying and took it off, but little by little she has been accepting it more.  Today, she has worn them all day, and for some reason we notice that (at least when she’s watching TV) she has a huge smile on her face and her eyes have a different shine to them.  God willing everything will work out for the best.  Thank you to all who have been praying for our little princess, God listened to our prayers and she is doing awesome!!  Thank you once from the bottom of my heart! 

God Bless you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment